Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Joseph's Destination

As I continue studying the life of Joseph I ask God to show me something new that I can hold onto. Something I have not seen before, something that will make my waiting bearable. So as I was reading Genesis 41 today, this is what I saw:

Pharaoh at once sent for Joseph. They brought him on the run from the jail cell. He cut his hair, put on clean clothes, and came to Pharaoh. “I dreamed a dream,” Pharaoh told Joseph. “Nobody can interpret it. But I’ve heard that just by hearing a dream you can interpret it.” Joseph answered, “Not I, but God. God will set Pharaoh’s mind at ease.” (‭Genesis‬ ‭41‬:‭14-16‬ MSG)
In this passage, first when God is ready to bless you, it is quick. They brought Joseph running to Pharaoh. I believe that when its your time, it will happen suddenly, quick and in a hurry. Then something God showed me that I never saw before. Pharaoh was not saved, God used a man that didn't even believe in him to exalt a man that did. God can use your boss or your great uncle Fred, he will use whoever he needs to to get you to the place he has for you to go.
I believe that God prefers for us to wait well, but there may be times in your life where you are tired of waiting, you are anxious, and ready to be at the destination, but like Joseph, when its our time to be exalted to that place of promotion, it doesn't matter how much you complained, how much you fell down, all that matters is that God is there to lift you back up, scrap off your knees and set you on the path that was designed especially for you.

My prayer: Father, I know you have an awesome job, calling, future for me. You tell me that a lot, but father, I have fallen down again. I really just want to sit here because I don't have the strength to keep going. My circumstances are far greater than me, but not for you. So Father please help me back up. Please take a soothing cloth and clean off my knees where I have fallen, and help me get back in the race. Please wipe away the tears so I can see the track again. Please give me the desire to keep on going. Even though I can't see the finish line, I know that you have designed me to win. Thank you Lord for believing in me, trusting me and loving me, in Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment