Saturday, February 28, 2015

Your Journey to Success

As we focus on the destination, let's take a tour to the top of the mountain. So,what is your mountain? Are you ready to meet your future mate? Are you seeking that perfect job? You have your eye on that beautiful house, and after all the tracks you have recorded, your music career is still stalling. I think we spend a lot of time dreaming and pondering what life is going to be like when you finally get what you are dreaming of. I know I do. When I finally saw a glimpse of where I am going and what God has called me to do, I wasn't very scared because he has been preparing me all my life for it. I spent some time in a leadership class and we had to chronicle our lives and walk through things that has brought us to where we are. As I spent time recalling events, looking at the places I had been spiritually, I was able to see the destination according to the journey. Does knowing where you're going make it any easier if you are not quite there yet? No, it really doesn't, because if I'm having the same feelings I have now in the journey, I am going to still have those same feelings. For example, you really want to have a corner office at the best company, you want to have a top notch salary and you want all the comforts of being the best at what you do. As I talk to people that are quote, successful,  they are still lonely and  there is still some insecurity and having it all doesn't always equate to success.  But the journey is about accepting where you are going and learning to love where you have been, so the friends you make, the memories you have and the tools you will need for the mountain, you get while you are in the valley. Success is great, but don't think that it won't have its struggles. I heard someone say that success won't feel like you think it will because you are going to have to work harder or just as hard when you reach the top! Let's learn to Enjoy the Journey, so when you finally reach the top, you will have made great friends, good decisions and you will be able to help others on their journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment