Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Is your Dream/Vision too BIG for you?


If you have been a Christian or in church a while, you know that God has big plans for his people. He tells us that in Jeremiah, I know the plans I have for you. But there is also a scripture in Proverbs that tells us that God will give you the desires of your heart. Hmmm! So are these two scriptures aligned? What are the desires of your heart? And what plans has God have for you?
When Joseph had his dreams, I am positive that he didn't conjure up his dreams. He didn't lay in bed at night and say, Lord, put these dreams in my head. Joseph didn't have a clue about Gods will for his life. Have you ever thought about this. Dreams started Joseph's Journey, Joseph's Dreams got him to his Destination. Joseph interpreted the Bakers/Butlers dreams. Then when it really mattered, he interpreted Pharoah's dreams, which led to his being the most powerful man, next to Pharoah. So dreams were apart of his journey all along. So what is God giving you in your dreams? What vision has God placed in your heart. I believe that God does give us the desires of our heart, but he also aligns those dreams/visions with his plan. For example, you have no desire to be a missionary in another country. You don't like to travel, you really have no desire to sleep in a third world country, and you have a fear of catching a sickness/disease. Well, along your journey, God will put things in your path, he will give you a passion to serve. He will place pictures and people in your path that will soften your heart until one day you wake up and you have a passion, a purpose and a plan on how you, you can affect people in a third world nation. I call this the "Great Exchange". It happens to me all the time. I also believe God is patient enough for us to mature in areas, so when you have that desire, it's like it was there all along. When I was married, there where times when things were not going great in the marriage. So we would stay locked up in a room so we could renegotiate the contract. We needed to get back on the same page. I believe God waits for us to be ready for re-negotiations. The vision I have for my life is sooooo big, that I wonder sometimes if it's to big for me? I know it's not to big for God, he has placed things in my path, on my journey that when it finally manifests, will it be too much for me? Then at that time, will I wish to be back here when my life was simple, unassuming and easy. Am I ready to command nations, am I ready to minister to very large groups of people? Can I handle having a Billion dollar organization? I know, right! That was spoken to me directly from God as I walked out of church about ten years ago. Am I ready? Are you ready for your assignment, your calling, your vision to come to pass? Only God knows that answer, but was Joseph ready?

1 comment: