Friday, March 20, 2015

Whose Power are you using?

Whose Power are you using?
My Journey is about the Journey. Learning, trying to understand and compare the journeys of the people in the bible to our journey today. My past blogs have been about being ready for what God is calling you to. Where is your journey taking you? Are you starting a ministry, growing a family, becoming a missionary to the outer parts of the world or maybe your journey is healing from a illness. So how do you know when your journey will come to the destination? What is your destination and how does that look to you? A few weeks ago I wrote about being ready for the destination. Being ready for the surplus of money coming your way, being ready for the ministry God has for you to have, or maybe the fame and success of writing a best selling book. So my question was, "Are You Ready"? 
This week I was given several challenges that made me think I wasn't quite ready for what God needs to do in me. On Monday, I was faced with something that made me lose my temper. After that incident, I was angry the rest of the day. On Tuesday, I was informed of two of my relatives being shot by someone trying to take something that legally belongs to our family. Then on the same phone call I was told that another relative was having open heart surgery. On Wednesday, I over exerted my body and I was in a great deal of pain the whole day. On Thursday, a very large payment was coming out of my account and found out the bank had closed the account.  
When we reach the place God is calling for us to conquer,  the enemy will throw all kinds of darts at you like baseballs in a batting cage. You won't be able to  handle all the things you will go through, but you are going to have to use Gods power, Gods strength, not your own. What the events of this week taught me was, I need to use the strength God gave me to fight the fight the enemy will have for me. This was a "Sample" week. Letting me know what areas I am weak (week) in. So when that first ball was launched, check your armor! Grab the sword, and stand firm in the word. You may get knocked down, but several things will happen. You will have the word to help you get back up, you will know what areas you need covered with added protection, either patience, forgiveness, gratitude or my favorite, Love! You may still be on the journey, but you now know what you need to strengthen in your arsenal. Learn to  
"Love the Journey"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment